Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Couple of Cards from Last Year Used This Year

Just had to send off a couple of cards to friends for a variety of reasons including illness of and chemo treatments for husbands and the death of a cousin and last link to our hometown in Newark, Ohio. Very sad occasions but glad that I had cards set aside for such occasions. As usual, I forgot to take a photo of the card with a ladybug stamped and painted red with a marker.  I used Inkssentials Glossy Accents to make the ladybug's clear, glossy hard shell.  Nice trick!


One of the other cards used vellum that had been embossed with a Stampin' Up
embossing folder with a tulip pattern. I had made an extra at a Stamp Camp
last year and came home to make my own card using the "found" piece.


Here's the card--


A close up of the corner shows the tulips embossed as a frame on the vellum,
oral print beneath, and the textured paper with Martha Stewart border punch
(used just once in center of the top and bottom of the green placard)
and embossed double layer butterfly with pearl accent.


Inking the sentiment with markers allows you to choose a different color for the dot over the "i" and stamp only once for perfect alignment without using a Stamp a Ma Jig alignment tool.


The other card is a pansy card I made with a petal punch borrowed from a friend. I made a lot of variations with this punch including dogwood and cherry blossoms.


The pansy center has some yellow flock on it and an orange pearl.  The background papers are green and white polka dots and lilac and white plaid.  The Stampin' Up punch and stamp set allowed me to stamp some pansy faces on the petals and frills on the petal edges and vein detail in the leaves. Thanks, Bonnie for loaning me the sets.








No comments:

Post a Comment