Thursday, April 24, 2014

Amy Butler Redux

Sara brought me an old Amy Butler sheet set to make into valances and a bed skirt for Lily's bedroom. Now that Lily's a toddler, her room decor needs to grow with her--even if the sheets have already been decor for Mom and Dad's bedroom earlier in their marriage.


The pillow cases had a great border and were just the right size to make a stagecoach style valance.  I split the seam and opened up the pillow case.  I cut the valance to hang 18 inches.  I attached the finished valance with Velcro directly to the wood blind header.


I used some lining from the Amy Butler panels my sister-in-law sent me to use for yoga bags.  I save everything!  These valances are not just redux-- but also recycled.


I saved the labels also!  Re-attached, recycled, redux...


I attached tabs front and back at the middle seam to gather the valance and hide the seam.
This creates two points when the valance is hung.


And the points make a perfect spot for hanging some colorful flower people found at Pier One.



And with the flat sheet, I made a bed skirt.

Ta-da! or La-dee-da!?




No comments:

Post a Comment