Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Arts & Crafts Space

If you don't focus on the cement floor, the pink Fiberglas insulation and the exposed ceiling--it's a great space. And I don't focus on those parts. I have a window looking out onto my garden instead to focus upon--when I'm not focused on creating watercolors, pastels, colored pencil or botanical illustrations, or greeting cards.



You see, with the ceiling and much of the floor cropped from the photo, it looks even better. Sunshine coming in the window in the morning also helps.


And if you don't look through the open spaces into Larry's workshop, you can almost
imagine you are in a studio.  It is my studio--and the end of this panoramic view.


This morning, the House Sparrow was also singing the praises of his home to find a mate outside my studio window.  I learned today that the House Sparrow is not a sparrow at all, but an Old World weaver finch.  Larry was upset when we took the first nest out of the box a month ago, but now that the first family is out, we should consider taking the nest out again according to the North American Bluebird Society web site. 

 

His birdhouse is above the pink poppies in the view out my studio window. He has the advantage
of a swimming pool and the meadow on the rock ledge beyond the fence for easy insect hunting.


I think he's as happy with his "digs"


as I am with mine.






No comments:

Post a Comment