Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge 7.9.12

Stamping on Texture--

Two Variations on an Anniversary Theme




I needed two anniversary cards for two nephews and their wives who live in Indiana and Colorado.  I watched Heather Nichols stamp on texture on Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday and decided, for the first time, to join the challenge.  I used Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Text Style to stamp on two different textures using similar themes on slightly different colored backgrounds.


On grey and white cardstock, I embossed texture using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots and Lifestyle Crafts' (formerly QuicKutz) Diamonds and Dots embossing templates.  Using Penny Black's day-dreams stamp, I die cut and embossed the image in an oval with Spellbinders' Nestabilities' scalloped oval set. I then colored the stamped image with a variety of Marvy Le Plume markers, a blender pen from Stampin' Up, and ink pads from Plaid: periwinkle and citrus green. 


I used the Plaid ink pads to stamp the text style on the textures, using periwinkle on grey Diamonds and Dots and citrus green on white Swiss Dots textures. The white stamped texture did not contrast enough with the white oval so I distressed the textured and stamped background around the edges and near the oval with Papertrey Ink's Fine Linen Dye Ink Pad to make the oval contrast more with the stamped texture.


I added some faux pearls from Recollections, a sheer lavender ribbon and bow from my stock, and a sentiment from Stampin' Up's Sincere Salutations set: Happiness Always.


I hope the couples will get the same message--in different textures and colors!





2 comments:

  1. I really like the text on the diamonds & dots embossed panel - beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I like the text on the background.

    ReplyDelete