Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Sun Birthday Card


I saw some sandpaper at the hardware store and thought of using it for a beach!  I borrowed the waves and beach chair and sun die cut from a neighbor and scrounged through my stash and --
VOILA!

The beach chair and sun are die cuts from Sizzlits. The wave border is from Taylored Dies.  I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Framed Out #6:   Celebrate today.  I had an old die from QuicKutz which I had originally used for a bridal shower invitation.  When I was done, it was missing something in the upper right corner. I found a stamp from Hampton Art Ditto of a swallow--and hope that stamped in white ink it looks like a gull!  It had a tiny heart that I colored red to match the chair and umbrella stripe and pole and make that dark red "pop."  Happy Birthday, Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment