Saturday, January 26, 2013

Another Baby Due Soon

A friend from high school also has a granddaughter soon to appear. I started another round rag quilt for her DIL and baby with scraps from previous projects and a little help from my neighbor's stash.


My folder for round rag quilts includes directions and fabric choices from previous quilts I've made. The book and author from which I copied the pattern are noted somewhere on this blog in an earlier posting.


My friend, Irena, who gave me some flannel fabrics to complete my new quilt pattern also set me up with a nice, large cutting board and a handy little gadget that cuts the circles.  I couldn't do it without these tools.  Irena cut her first granddaughter's quilt (and Irena's first quilt) circles after tracing each circle and cutting all edges with scissors.  Then she got online and found these tools. She ordered one of each for her and one of each for me.  Thank goodness!

 

After cutting out all circles, I put together a pattern for front and back. It's easiest to work on a flat surface so that you can view front and back with a flip. You also want to see the outside and middle border and the center. I pin after I'm sure of the pattern. Then flip and check a few more times to make sure I'm ready to sew.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment