Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Year--and All Gifts Delivered?

I was so busy making gifts for my daughter's baby shower and Christmas that I didn't want to reveal on this blog, that you must think I've been doing nothing. Far from it!  I'll show you a project I started in the fall with my daughter for her baby due February 3rd.  We had so much going on with the holidays that we just got back to it last weekend.  She snipped and I sewed.  Then into the washer to fluff it up.

Here is Lily's rag quilt made with flannel circles:

 
The fabrics include Sara's baby shower color themes of grey, pink and green and her favorite animal--an elephant.  She feels like an elephant right now waiting out these last few weeks.
 
 
But any day now, just like the elephant's eye and tail in the quilt, Lily will pop out!
 

It can't be soon enough!
 

Here is Lily's smooth quilt back flipped over the front with the rag ruffles.
 

Entire back of the quilt reveals birds in the outer border, grey polka dots and white elephants in the middle border and pink paisleys in the center.  Come on, Lily. We want to see you front and back, totally revealed now.  We're waiting for that last gift from 2012!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment