Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Boy Quilt--Blue and Square!

The run of girls is over and a boy is expected soon in the family.  I haven't made a rag quilt for a baby boy yet so I don't have a stash of baby blue flannel. I ordered online from Fabric.com and the box arrived just as I finished a funfetti quilt for a little girl baby.



For the older boys, I've used rectangles. But this time, I wanted to try squares. I have a pattern for a much bigger rag quilt made of squares, so I did some math and drawings to convert the pattern to a baby quilt.


I cut 6 inch squares out of three bright patterns.


I used the smaller patterns for the 3.5 inch squares.
Four of them together will make another 6 inch square.


I cut five 3.5 inch strips from each fabric and then cut those strips into 10 squares.


That's a lot of squares!


And enough sewing prep for one day.





No comments:

Post a Comment