Sunday, March 9, 2014

March Cards





Green is the color of choice this month since Faith has a March birthday and also a very Irish family! I need a birthday card for her and the basket at the clubhouse is also in need of birthday cards.




I added a die cut birthday or a hello to the pennant banner.  The impression folder for birthdays is new to my stash as well as the word die cuts. I ordered from Paper Wishes recently and was very happy with my loot!




The second card design also used green paper and another impression folder I already owned. I did buy Tim Holtz's impression plates that allowed you to fade out an oval, circle or square for stamping purposes on embossed areas.  I wasn't really happy with it. I did watch the video of  Tim explaining how to use the plates but wasn't pleased with my results.
More practice needed, I guess!
I did use the new slider die cuts to make a slider to go on the ribbon. Carol will be happy it's not a bow! A butterfly can always rescue the design too.





No comments:

Post a Comment