Sunday, July 13, 2014

Back to the Crafts

On May 1st, we started construction of a craft room for me in part of our attic off the guest bedroom.  I drew out on graph paper what I wanted and our great contractor made it look just like my drawing. It is complete except for two shelves that are missing.  I'll post photos of the work space soon, but for now--I'm using it!  Photos will appear when everything is stashed away.

One of the first times I used it was with my daughter and granddaughter.  Here is Sara's design for a bridal shower card inspired by her 80's gift wrap and the bride-to-be's color choices.


Colorful and bright--and definitely 80's inspired!
She should know. She lived it young!


Lily, 18 months old, made this card by choosing colors from a container of punched balloons.
Balloons are one of her favorite things right now!
Sorry about the focus. My phone was not well charged and couldn't hold a focus.
The colors are the important design element!


And I made a card for a friend who recently retired.
I was inspired by Sara's scraps.
We both wish my "Congratulations" stamp was a little bigger font!
I'll have to add that to my wish list.

But, all in all, it was a really fun way to initiate the new work space--three generations creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment