Friday, March 16, 2012

A Birthday Card for Ryder

My nephew's son in Denver will have a birthday this coming week. I took an old card design and made it into a slide card using an idea I saw on Pinterest. The Pinterest card was an ice cream cone that opened with the scoops and a cherry for the pull-tab. The original clown face card was made at a stamp camp with our Stampin' Up demonstrator, Laurie, about a year ago

Pull me nose!



On the original card, the clown's hat opened.  It was not roomy enough for a Cold Stone Creamery gift card, so I cut the hat along the left edge at the fold and added a bigger red triangle behind it. I used old strips of pop-up adhesive along the two diagonal edges to create space for the old hat (now white) to move in and out. I cut another circle for the clown's nose and left half untaped as a pull tab.  I used my new Tonic border punch system to make the scallop.  By trial and error and a YouTube video I figured out how to use it.  I added some fan-folded paper flowers from American Crafts Delights to disguise the larger red triangle a bit.  It'll be a great gift for a little guy's birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment