Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Another Card Revisited for a February Birthday

With all the Valentines in my February future, I got a head start on the month's birthday cards.  I revisited a design idea from Sue's card last month.  I ordered the background stencil she used on a floral card, but wanted to make it more masculine.

I started with an avocado card base and a kraft cardstock front panel.  I used the disperse stencil with some copper Brilliance and a dauber on the kraft cardstock to make a background level.


Then, I used the Martha Stewart sparkle texture with a palette knife 
(actually my Cricut spatula) to fill the stencil 
and then lifted it off carefully.  
I blow dried the texture medium a bit to speed drying.


Meanwhile I die cut the leaves on the Big Shot using a 
Papertrey Ink product with matching stamps.


I also cut the sentiment out the sentiment multiple times to achieve 
some dimension by gluing the three layers together.


I used Ripe Avocado to stamp the die cut leaves.  I added some Dark Chocolate 
fern-like foliage to give the card some depth. Then added a rhinestone 
to dot the "i" on the tri-level sentiment in dark brown.


For a fairly flat card, there is a lot of depth and texture
for interest. The color combination is great 
for a masculine birthday greeting card.






No comments:

Post a Comment