Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quilted Baby Card Revisited

I needed a card to accompany the baby quilt so I spent some time this afternoon (while the wind chill outsided was single digits) up in my craft room.  I made a quilted card you will find earlier on this blog from a monthly, Monday afternoon card making session with my fellow paper crafters.  I added a new twist to it. And I think you'll like the idea --and the result.



The new element I added was a "fussy bow".  You make it with lace, ribbons, twine, braid and fabric strips, even tulle.  Here I placed turquoise ribbon, baker's twine, braid and some lace pieces over one another at an angle and tied them up tightly with the twine.


When you add it to the card, it makes a great complement to the quilted effect of the background.
I added a slider die cut and a heart cut out on a piece of turquoise ribbon.
I like the color palette for a baby boy card:  beige and turquoise with some other pastels.

No comments:

Post a Comment