Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Another Winter, Another Blizzard, Another Cuddle Quilt

We're having our first blizzard --and I hope the last--of 2015 here in southern New England.  Now winter is truly here. The other snows we have received have only been teases that winter is at hand. Now, I'm a believer.  When I'm sewing, it doesn't matter what is going on outside my window. Maybe that's why I usually do most of my sewing in the good ol' winter time.

Today I finished a flannel cuddle quilt for a new baby boy, born in the deep mid-winter of January in Ohio. He joins Lily and Robbie, my grandchildren, in celebrating birthdays after Christmas.  I also have a friend from high school whose first grandchild was born two days before Lily, two years ago.

I used flannel for this version of the cuddle quilt and added a 7th row to make it almost square.  It can be a playmat or an on-the-floor changing pad.  The fabrics are mostly Riley Blake: Road Trip, Hooty Hoot, Bitty Baby Grid and Giraffe  Crossing Tic Tac Toe.  The backing is Aunt Polly's plaid in olive and brown. Add in some Tossed Leaves and Stars in lime green and you have a little boy's quilt for winter. Enjoy it, Jamie and parents and grandparents! Cuddle up and stay warm.


And thanks to my neighbor, Irena.  
 I had to borrow some batting from her because  
I bought the wrong size (too small) in my haste pre-blizzard.
I owe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment